Service Center Billing Rates
- This session will provide information to participants from units which provide goods and services for a fee (Service Centers). Participants will learn about the administrative responsibilities of operating a Service Center. The primary focus of the seminar will be on calculating, and recovering, the full cost of providing goods and services. The session will include:
- Calculating full costs (including direct and indirect expenses).
- Obtaining billing rate approval.
- Ensuring full cost calculation complies with applicable university and Federal policies. We’ll discuss how entrepreneurship can be balanced with compliance.
- Discussion about Unrelated Business Income Tax, MSU’s Indirect Cost Rate, MSU’s Administrative Fee, and account/sub-account utilization.